At the moment I don't feel at home in the English language at all.
Still I prefer it to German, since I don't want to feel at home in a German speaking country; which is not a proper explanation.
I usually feel rather awkward if people identify me as a person who grew up and lives in Austria. Even if it is Vienna, probably the only place I can possibly hope to survive in,
in this piece of shit land at the cold and mountainous heart of Europe.
Once again, I put myself in something of a singular position.
My analysis, the downsides of living and working at night are the following:
mostly peer pressure, a phenomenon I thought I had not escaped, but, which I have become quite good at ... detecting.
and drinking.
People who have day time jobs feel that you are super lazy since you never get up before 11 am and dont quite get it, why you are super grumpy, if you do have to show up somewhere at 9 and did not even have a coffee yet.
When you finally feel ready to rumble, to be out and about, everyone else is either sound asleep in their beds or drunk, if not plastered, which is not such a fine condition to interact with people, if you yourself are sober; or they are both and in a coma.
If you do drink beer at 8 in the evening, because everyone else does, and have not been awake for more than 5 hours it gets to your head quite quickly,
believe me.
Anyway, still my most productive hours have not really shifted to the small hours of the morning, they have always been there; they just waited for me to come back.
mfg
ttt